- Provide consultation, technical support and professional advice in various areas of agriculture, particularly food crops and downstream to ensure adequate food production for the country.
- Guide and create a progressive agricultural entrepreneurs to increase farm productivity and agricultural production nationwide.
- Creating a workforce that is trained and skilled to the needs of the agricultural industry.
- Protect crops (industrial crops and food) from the threat of pests and diseases through crop protection and quarantine services.
- Determine the output of food crops and products that secure and control of environmental pollution.
- Control the plant materials and materials from threatened extinction janaplasma country.
- Evaluate, modify and formulate technology package from the agency / body of research by local conditions and delivered to agricultural entrepreneurs.
- To provide consultancy and technical support package for entrepreneurs, private and agricultural development agencies.
- Develop a National Agricultural Information Resource for the planning and implementation of agricultural development.
- Conduct training at the Institute / Agricultural Training Centre to meet the needs of skilled manpower in the agricultural sector.
- Regulating the quality of materials and plant seeds of the country.
- Implement the enforcement of the Pesticide poisoning in 1974 to ensure that imported, manufactured and sold in countries with high quality and its use does not cause harm to consumers, livestock, food crops and the environment.
- Implementing Quarantine Act 1976 for enforcement to prevent entry of foreign pests, harmful pests in the country and facilitate the export of plant products of the country to meet the quarantine regulations of the importing country.
- Implement enforcement of the Customs Order (Prohibition on Export) 1998 and the rules of CITES (Convention on International Trade in Species-species of Wild Animals and Plants of the Endangered Species Extinct) to ensure that the materials of endangered plants janaplasma not extinct.
- To establish linkages and collaboration with organizations in the public sector and private / foreign countries involved in the development, enforcement and agricultural trade.