- To create a progressive farming community so that they can participate actively in national development, particularly agriculture.
- Increase the contribution of agriculture sector in the economy by encouraging and developing crops are viable.
- The main emphasis is towards the development and provision of effective technical support for the creation of a progressive and commercial farmers.
- The emphasis is towards the development of commodity-based clusters in the commercial management and use of the resources available optimally.
- The measures will be undertaken to accelerate implementation of agricultural acts of Pesticides Act (1994) and Plant-Plant Quarantine Act (1976). In addition, the Department will implement the prohibitions on export under the Customs Act (1988).